The thornless half-shrub Astragalus podolobus is one of the most valuable species in Iran rangelands providing nursing condition with important roles in soil and water conservation together with biodiversity conservation. However, land-use changes and rangeland degradation have represented real threats to this species. To determine how to manage this plant better, its potential spatial distribution was mapped using a bivariate statistical model (FR: frequency ratio) for the Maraveh Tapeh rangelands of Golestan Province, north-east Iran. A total of 115 occurrences of A. podolobus were recorded using GPS during field surveys from April to September in 2018 and 2019, then 80 data points (70%) were used in modeling, and the remaining 35 data points (30%) in evaluating the model. A number of 8 digital layers potentially affecting the Habitat Suitability of the plant were selected as independent variables, including: distance from roads and rivers, elevation, plan curvature, precipitation, slope percentage, aspect and temperature. The results showed that the variables temperature, precipitation, and distance from the roads have larger effects on the presence of A. podolobus. The Habitat Suitability map produced using the FR model provides a powerful tool for development of conservation plans for the degraded Habitats of the species. The analytical framework used in this study could be applied to other arid and semi-arid environments to determine Habitat Suitability of A. podolobus and stabilize this species, and to introduce new adaptive rules for rangeland management.