Paper Information

Journal:   JOURNAL OF WATER AND SOIL (AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY)   JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2017 , Volume 30 , Number 6 #A0043; Page(s) 1733 To 1747.
 
Paper: 

COMPARING THE PERFORMANCE OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE MODELS IN ESTIMATING WATER QUALITY PARAMETERS IN PERIODS OF LOW AND HIGH WATER FLOW

 
 
Author(s):  MONTASERI M.*, ZAMAN ZAD GHAVIDEL S.
 
* DEPARTMENT OF WATER ENGINEERING, URMIA UNIVERSITY
 
Abstract: 

Introduction: A total dissolved solid (TDS) is an important indicator for water quality assesment. Since the composition of mineral salts and discharge affects the TDS of water, it is important to understand the relationships of mineral salts composition with TDS.
Materials and Methods: In this study, methods of artificial neural networks with five different training algorithm, Levenberg-Marquardt (LM), Scaled Conjugate Gradient (SCG), Fletcher Conjugate Gradient (CGF), One Step Secant (OSS) and Gradient descent with adaptive learning rate backpropagation (GDA) algorithm and adaptive Neurofuzzy inference system based on Subtractive Clustering were used to model water quality properties of Zarrineh River Basin, to be developed in total dissolved solids prediction. ANN and ANFIS program code were written in MATLAB language. Here, the ANN with one hidden layer was used and the hidden nodes' number was determined using trial and error. Different activation functions (logarithm sigmoid, tangent sigmoid and linear) were tried for the hidden and output nodes. Therefore, water quality data from seven hydrometer stations were used during the statistical period of 18years (1993-2010). In this research, the study period was divided into two periods of dry and wet flow, and then in a preliminary statistical analysis, the main parameters affecting the estimation of the TDS are determined and is used for modeling. 75% of data are used for remaining and 25% of the data are used for evaluation of the model, randomly. In this paper, three statistical evaluation criteria, correlation coefficient (R), the root mean square error (RMSE) and mean absolute error (MAE) were used to assess models' performances.

 
Keyword(s): ADAPTIVE NEURO FUZZY INFERENCE SYSTEM, ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORK, DISSOLVED SOLIDS, ZARRINEH RIVER
 
References: 
  • ندارد
 
  pdf-File tarjomyar Persian Abstract Yearly Visit 47
 
Latest on Blog
Enter SID Blog