Click for new scientific resources and news about Corona[COVID-19]

Paper Information

Journal:   IRANIAN JOURNAL OF FOREST AND POPLAR RESEARCH   WINTER 2017 , Volume 24 , Number 4 (66) ; Page(s) 700 To 712.
 
Paper: 

STUDY OF DIFFERENT HEIGHT-DIAMETER MODELS FOR HORNBEAM (CARPINUS BETULUS L.) IN UNEVEN-AGED STANDS OF SHASTKALATEH FOREST OF GORGAN

 
 
Author(s):  MOHAMMADI J.*, SHATAEE SH.
 
* DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY, FACULTY OF FOREST SCIENCE, GORGAN UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES AND NATURAL RESOURCES, GORGAN, IRAN
 
Abstract: 

Projection of stand development over time relies on accurate height-diameter functions. In this study, we evaluated the capability of 18 nonlinear models to estimate hornbeam heights in a portion Shastkalateh experimental forest in Gorgan, Golestan province. We applied a systematic random sampling method to collect field data within a 150×200 meter network (3.33% intensity). It resulted in 308 circular plots with 17.84 m (0.1 ha) radius. In each plot tree species, height and diameter at breast height (DBH) of all trees with DBH>12.5 cm were measured, resulting in 2177 pairs of measured heightdiameter. From the available dataset, we included 75% in the model development and the remaining 25% to validate the models. The relationship between height (dependent variable) and DBH (independent variable) was analyzed using 18 non-linear regression models. The results showed no significant difference between the applied model diagnostics, and the applied t-test showed non-significant mean stand height estimation using all models and actual height at 99% confidence level, with the exception of the Prodan model. In addition, the results of Hyperbolic, Ratkofsky, Richard-chapman and Weibull models with RMSE% of 12.91%, 12.92%, 13.01% and 13.01% and Bias% of 0.21%, 0.21%, 0.22% and 0.22%, respectively were almost similar in that they were better predictors of hornbeam height. Based on the results, we conclude that these models can be used for predicting hornbeam height in similar broadleaved stands of northern Iran, provided that comparative studies are conducted elsewhere to approve the results obtained here.

 
Keyword(s): HEIGHT-DIAMETER MODEL, HORNBEAM, INVENTORY, SHAST KALATE OF GORGAN
 
 
References: 
  • Not Registered.
  •  
  •  
 
Citations: 
  • Not Registered.
 
+ Click to Cite.
APA: Copy

MOHAMMADI, J., & SHATAEE, S. (2017). STUDY OF DIFFERENT HEIGHT-DIAMETER MODELS FOR HORNBEAM (CARPINUS BETULUS L.) IN UNEVEN-AGED STANDS OF SHASTKALATEH FOREST OF GORGAN. IRANIAN JOURNAL OF FOREST AND POPLAR RESEARCH, 24(4 (66) ), 700-712. https://www.sid.ir/en/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=571398



Vancouver: Copy

MOHAMMADI J., SHATAEE SH.. STUDY OF DIFFERENT HEIGHT-DIAMETER MODELS FOR HORNBEAM (CARPINUS BETULUS L.) IN UNEVEN-AGED STANDS OF SHASTKALATEH FOREST OF GORGAN. IRANIAN JOURNAL OF FOREST AND POPLAR RESEARCH. 2017 [cited 2021July25];24(4 (66) ):700-712. Available from: https://www.sid.ir/en/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=571398



IEEE: Copy

MOHAMMADI, J., SHATAEE, S., 2017. STUDY OF DIFFERENT HEIGHT-DIAMETER MODELS FOR HORNBEAM (CARPINUS BETULUS L.) IN UNEVEN-AGED STANDS OF SHASTKALATEH FOREST OF GORGAN. IRANIAN JOURNAL OF FOREST AND POPLAR RESEARCH, [online] 24(4 (66) ), pp.700-712. Available: https://www.sid.ir/en/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=571398.



 
 
Persian Abstract Yearly Visit 49
 
 
Latest on Blog
Enter SID Blog