Click for new scientific resources and news about Corona[COVID-19]

Paper Information

Journal:   JUNDISHAPUR SCIENTIFIC MEDICAL JOURNAL   June 2004 , Volume - , Number 40; Page(s) 61 To 70.
 
Paper: 

NON - ALCOHOLIC STEATOHEPATITIS IN 26 IRANIAN PATIENTS: CLINICAL, LABORATORY AND PATHOLOGICAL FINDINGS

 
 
Author(s):  AZMI M., FARAHVASH M.J., EBRAHIMI DARYANI N., MALEKZADEH R.
 
* 
 
Abstract: 

The aim of the present study was to describe the clinical and laboratory findings among a series of patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). The clinical, biochemical features of 26 patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, observed for 4 to 44 mo (mean 15.2 mo) were analyzed. Eleven of the patients (42.3%) were women and the rest were men (57.7%). Mean age was 40.12 ± 11.4 (range 17-67). Two of the 4 obese patients (BMI ≥30) were men (15.4%) and the only morbid obese patient (BMI ≥ 40) was a women. Totally thirteen patients were over weight (40≤ BMI<30) 6 of whom were women. Thirteen patients (6 men and 7 women) had BMI within the range of 25 to 30. Eight patients (6 men and 2 women) had normal weight. Twelve patients (46.2%) had hyperlipidemia, while only 2 had the past consumption history of drug-induced NASH (7.7%). Initially 10 patients were asymptomatic, another 10 had non-specific symptoms (totally 80.8%) and 5 patients had the symptoms related to NASH. Only 1 patient progressed to cirrhosis and 5-showed fibrosis in their liver biopsy. The finding of this study suggests that non-alcoholic steatohepatitis can be a progressive liver disease. Furthermore, it suggests that this disease should not be considered a disease predominantly seen in obese women with diabetes mellitus.

 
Keyword(s): NASH (NONALCOHOLIC STEATOHEPATITIS), OBESITY, AND DIABETES MELLITUS
 
 
References: 
  • Not Registered.
  •  
  •  
 
Citations: 
  • Not Registered.
 
+ Click to Cite.
APA: Copy

AZMI, M., & FARAHVASH, M., & EBRAHIMI DARYANI, N., & MALEKZADEH, R. (2004). NON - ALCOHOLIC STEATOHEPATITIS IN 26 IRANIAN PATIENTS: CLINICAL, LABORATORY AND PATHOLOGICAL FINDINGS. JUNDISHAPUR SCIENTIFIC MEDICAL JOURNAL, -(40), 61-70. https://www.sid.ir/en/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=3357



Vancouver: Copy

AZMI M., FARAHVASH M.J., EBRAHIMI DARYANI N., MALEKZADEH R.. NON - ALCOHOLIC STEATOHEPATITIS IN 26 IRANIAN PATIENTS: CLINICAL, LABORATORY AND PATHOLOGICAL FINDINGS. JUNDISHAPUR SCIENTIFIC MEDICAL JOURNAL. 2004 [cited 2021June17];-(40):61-70. Available from: https://www.sid.ir/en/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=3357



IEEE: Copy

AZMI, M., FARAHVASH, M., EBRAHIMI DARYANI, N., MALEKZADEH, R., 2004. NON - ALCOHOLIC STEATOHEPATITIS IN 26 IRANIAN PATIENTS: CLINICAL, LABORATORY AND PATHOLOGICAL FINDINGS. JUNDISHAPUR SCIENTIFIC MEDICAL JOURNAL, [online] -(40), pp.61-70. Available: https://www.sid.ir/en/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=3357.



 
 
Yearly Visit 38
 
 
Latest on Blog
Enter SID Blog