Click for new scientific resources and news about Corona[COVID-19]

Paper Information

Journal:   JOURNAL OF EPISTEMOLOGY (LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)   FALL 2010 , Volume 3 , Number 10; Page(s) 1 To 12.
 
Paper: 

ROLE AND PLACE OF ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN BROADCASTING LIBRARIES IN PROMOTING USERS’ INFORMATION LITERACY

 
 
Author(s):  AFZALI T., TAFRESHI S.
 
* 
 
Abstract: 

Purpose: This research has been done with the aim of determining the role of informal instructions of the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) libraries on the promotion of the user’s information literacy.
Methodology: To do this, the survey method was used. The population of this investigation has been 400 users who selected as sample size using stratified random sampling.
Findings: According to the findings, the level of information literacy of 43% of users was high and moderate and 57% of them were at least and less level. Based on the 36.9% of the users’ view points, the library is very effective in teaching information retrieval skills. On the other hand, 63.1% of users have told that the library has been very efficient in obtaining information retrieval skills. The results of the research indicates that “the self-learning” (trial and error) (51.4%) was the most important factor in increasing the users’ ability on having availability to the information literacy skills. 84% of the users with the high information literacy have known the effectiveness of the library in responding to the information requirements. In addition, the most important instructional priority for the users’ information literacy is the familiarity with the electronic references (73%). At last, the most important obstacle hindering the availability to the information in the library is the lack of any relationship with the other scientific centers (64.3%).
Conclusion: The results of this investigation indicate that the users with the high information literacy used frequently the library for their information requirements. Also, according to the users’ viewpoints for junior college students, the library is more effective on acquiring information retrieval skills.

 
Keyword(s): INFORMATION LITERACY, USERS, EDUCATION, IRIB LIBRARIES
 
 
References: 
  • Not Registered.
  •  
  •  
 
Citations: 
  • Not Registered.
 
+ Click to Cite.
APA: Copy

AFZALI, T., & TAFRESHI, S. (2010). ROLE AND PLACE OF ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN BROADCASTING LIBRARIES IN PROMOTING USERS’ INFORMATION LITERACY. JOURNAL OF EPISTEMOLOGY (LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY), 3(10), 1-12. https://www.sid.ir/en/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=276019



Vancouver: Copy

AFZALI T., TAFRESHI S.. ROLE AND PLACE OF ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN BROADCASTING LIBRARIES IN PROMOTING USERS’ INFORMATION LITERACY. JOURNAL OF EPISTEMOLOGY (LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY). 2010 [cited 2021August06];3(10):1-12. Available from: https://www.sid.ir/en/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=276019



IEEE: Copy

AFZALI, T., TAFRESHI, S., 2010. ROLE AND PLACE OF ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN BROADCASTING LIBRARIES IN PROMOTING USERS’ INFORMATION LITERACY. JOURNAL OF EPISTEMOLOGY (LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY), [online] 3(10), pp.1-12. Available: https://www.sid.ir/en/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=276019.



 
 
Persian Abstract Yearly Visit 54
 
 
Latest on Blog
Enter SID Blog