Paper Information

Journal:   JOURNAL OF GUILAN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES   WINTER 2011 , Volume 19 , Number 76; Page(s) 56 To 63.
 
Paper: 

SURVEY THE HISTOPATHOLOGICAL FINDINGS IN AUTOPSY OF POISONED PATIENTS WITH RICE TABLET (ALUMINIUM PHOSPHIDE)

 
 
Author(s):  RAHBAR TAROMSARI M.*, TEYMOURPOUR P., JAHANBAKHSH R.
 
* VICE- CHANCELLORSHIP FOR TREATMENT, GUILAN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, RASHT, IRAN
 
Abstract: 

Introduction: ALuminium Phosphide (ALP) or rice tablet is one of the most commonly used pesticides in agriculture. Exposure of ALP with water, moisture and gastric acid produced phosphine gas (PH3) that caused to poisoning. Several histopathogical researches have shown edema, congestion, and leukocyte infiltration in different organs. More pathological researches are obviously required to describe the mechanism of poison affects on cells.

Objective: To determine the histopathological findings in autopsy of liver, myocardium, and lungs of poisoned patients with rice tablet.

Materials and Methods: This retrospective descriptive study was conducted on 80 poisoned patients with phosphine in the histopathology department of the legal medicine organization of Guilan in the years of 2001-2006. Stained sections of the liver, myocardium and lungs of poisoned patients were reviewed and histopathological findings were recorded. Data were analyzed by SPSS Ver.15 software.

Results: According to the data analysis, 60% of patients were male and the rest (40%) were female. Mean age was 31.45 years. Histopathological findings in liver were: Sinusoidal congestion (45%), fatty liver changes (20%), congestion of central vein (15%), fine cytoplasmic vacuoles (10%), PMN leukocyte clusters in Sinusoids (7%), nuclear fragmentation (2%), centri lobular necrosis (1%). Histopathological findings in myocardium were: congestion (86%), necrosis (7%) and leukocyte infiltration (7%).

 Histopathological findings in lungs were: edema (42%), congestion (33%), hemorrhage (11%), atelectasia (11%), capillary dilatation (2%), and thickening of alveolar septae (1%).

Conclusion: In this study, it was discovered that the most common histopathological finding in liver of poisoned patients with phosphine were sinusoidal congestion and fatty liver changes. Meanwhile, edema and congestion were the most common in autopsy of lungs. Congestion was the mostly-observed histopathological finding of myocardium.

 
Keyword(s): ALUMINIUM PHOSPHIDE, PATHOLOGY, POISONING
 
References: 
  • ندارد
 
  Persian Abstract Yearly Visit 56
 
Latest on Blog
Enter SID Blog