Click for new scientific resources and news about Corona[COVID-19]

Paper Information

Journal:   JOURNAL OF VETERINARY MICROBIOLOGY   SPRING-SUMMER 2009 , Volume 5 , Number 1; Page(s) 1 To 4.
 
Paper: 

PREVALENCE OF CAMPYLOBACTER JEJUNI AND C. COLI IN POULTRY LIVER IN ISFAHAN

 
 
Author(s):  RAHIMI EBRAHIM*, TORKI BAGHBADORANI Z.
 
* DEPARTMENT OF FOOD HYGIENE, FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE, ISLAMIC AZAD UNIVERSITY, SHAHR-E KORD BRANCH, SHAHR-E KORD, IRAN
 
Abstract: 

The aim of the present study was to investigate the prevalence of Campylobacter species in poultry livers in Isfahan. Between January 2006 to May 2008, a total of 205 poultry liver samples from chicken (n=110), turkey (n=65) and ostrich (n=30) liver were procured and analyzed from Isfahan city of Iran. In total, 101 Campylobacter were isolated from all of the liver samples analyzed, of which 85 (84.2%) were confirmed as Campylobacter jejuni and the remaining (15.8%) as Campylobacter coli. The highest prevalence of Campylobacter spp. was recorded in chicken liver (63.6%), followed by turkey liver (40%) and ostrich liver (16.7%). It was concluded that a high proportion of poultry liver marketed in Isfahan, was contaminated by Campylobacter spp. Hence, to ensure food safety, poultry livers must be cooked properly before consumption.

 
Keyword(s): CAMPYLOBACTER, POULTRY LIVER, CHICKEN, TURKEY, OSTRICH
 
 
References: 
  • ندارد
  •  
 
Cite:
APA: Copy

RAHIMI, E., & TORKI BAGHBADORANI, Z. (2009). PREVALENCE OF CAMPYLOBACTER JEJUNI AND C. COLI IN POULTRY LIVER IN ISFAHAN. JOURNAL OF VETERINARY MICROBIOLOGY, 5(1), 1-4. https://www.sid.ir/en/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=188831



Vancouver: Copy

RAHIMI EBRAHIM, TORKI BAGHBADORANI Z.. PREVALENCE OF CAMPYLOBACTER JEJUNI AND C. COLI IN POULTRY LIVER IN ISFAHAN. JOURNAL OF VETERINARY MICROBIOLOGY. 2009 [cited 2021April15];5(1):1-4. Available from: https://www.sid.ir/en/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=188831



IEEE: Copy

RAHIMI, E., TORKI BAGHBADORANI, Z., 2009. PREVALENCE OF CAMPYLOBACTER JEJUNI AND C. COLI IN POULTRY LIVER IN ISFAHAN. JOURNAL OF VETERINARY MICROBIOLOGY, [online] 5(1), pp.1-4. Available at: <https://www.sid.ir/en/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=188831>.



 
 
Yearly Visit 38 Persian Abstract
 
Latest on Blog
Enter SID Blog