Paper Information

Journal:   HORMOZGAN MEDICAL JOURNAL   FALL 2006 , Volume 10 , Number 3; Page(s) 279 To 283.
 
Paper: 

EFFECTS OF ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS ON MEDICAL FILES KEPT IN THE HOSPITALS AFFILIATED TO HORMOZGAN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, 2004

 
 
Author(s):  DAVARI DOULATABADI N.*, SHAHI M., TAVASOLI FARAHI M.
 
* SCHOOL OF NURSING & MIDWIFERY & PARA MEDICINE HORMOZGAN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, BANDAR ABBAS, IRAN
 
Abstract: 

Introduction: The preservation of medical files is the responsibility of hospital manager. Environmental conditions such as chemical, biological, and physical factors can cause the destruction of medical files. The importance of the maintenance of medical records made the researchers to conduct a study on the files kept in Hormozgan province hospitals regarding climate conditions, shelf places, file folders, etc.
Methods: This descriptive study was conducted on the filing rooms of hospitals affiliated to Hormozgan university of Medical Sciences. Data was collected using a check list. Data were analyzed manually and presented as frequency and partial frequency.
Results: According to the findings in 26.7% of records there has been color alteration, and 5.6% of them have been brittle due to temperature. The humidity of the filing rooms has affected only 7.8% of records and the remaining 92.2% were intact. Neither air conditioner nor filter has been observed in filing rooms. Since most medical records were written with ballpoint pens 83.8% of them were legible. Regarding biological factors (insects and rodents) only 7.8% of records are damaged by insects. Black, red, violet, and yellow stains have been observed on forms and folders in 8.9% of records.
Conclusion: Considering the climate condition of the region and lack of proper filing places, i.e. rooms with levels of humidity and temperature, and presence of dust can cause deterioration of files and create a suitable condition for the growth of bacteria and fungi. In order to control the above mentioned destructive agents, proper filing places equipped with thermometers, hygrometers, and air conditioners the recommended.

 
Keyword(s): MEDICAL RECORDS, ENVIRONMENT, HUMIDITY
 
References: 
  • ندارد
 
  Persian Abstract Yearly Visit 59
 
Latest on Blog
Enter SID Blog