Click for new scientific resources and news about Corona[COVID-19]

Paper Information

Journal:   RAZI JOURNAL OF MEDICAL SCIENCES (JOURNAL OF IRAN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES)   NOVAMBER-DECEMBER 2015 , Volume 22 , Number 138; Page(s) 99 To 108.
 
Paper: 

APPLICATION OF THE PERSIAN VERSION PHEEM IN ASSESSMENT OF LAPAROSCOPIC TRAINING COURSES IN MINIMALLY INVASIVE SURGERY RESEARCH CENTER OF RASOUL-E-AKRAM HOSPITAL

 
 
Author(s):  JALILIAN SASAN, PAZOUKI ABDOLREZA*, AHMADI SOLEIMAN, BAHADOR HAMIDOLLAH, PISHGAHROUDSARI MOHADESEH, AKBARI LAKEH MARYAM
 
* MINIMALLY INVASIVE SURGERY RESEARCH CENTER, IRAN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, TEHRAN, IRAN
 
Abstract: 

Background: In recent decades, assessment of the learning environment is considered an important factor in improving the quality of environment and consequently the quality of training. This a cross-sectional study aimed to measure laparoscopic training environment of Minimally Invasive Surgery Research Center.
Methods: After attaining approval from the authorities, Persian version of PHEEM was filled by the research community involved in the project, including specialists of general surgery, laparoscopic courses, gynecology, urology, and colorectal fields. Statistical analysis was performed using SPSS software (version 16).
Results: The scores of all items except "manual is full of learners" item was greater than 2. The mean score for the learning environment was 116.08
±17.43; mean of items in domain of “Perception of teaching”, “Perception of role independence”, and “Perception of social support” was 45.81±7.05, 38.45±6.92, and 32.54±5.39, respectively. In this study, the participants' perception of the learning environment of Minimally Invasive Surgery Research Center was assessed as a unit, in which 45 patients (66.2%) had a positive view and the rest of the 23 patients (33.8%) assessed it as an ideal environment. In comparison of perception of the participants from the educational environment, there was not statistically significant difference between two fields of gynecology and general surgery (p=0.786*). Also significant difference was observed between men and women in the mean total score (p=0.328).
Conclusion: This study aimed to assess the overall educational environment in training courses Laparoscopy Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery from the perspective of participants that was perceived more positive to negative and has opportunity to promote.

 
Keyword(s): TRAINING ENVIRONMENT, MEDICAL TRAINING, LAPAROSCOPY, PHEEM
 
References: 
  • ندارد
 
  Persian Abstract Yearly Visit 68
 
Latest on Blog
Enter SID Blog