Click for new scientific resources and news about Corona[COVID-19]

Paper Information

Journal:   GEOGRAPHICAL RESEARCH QUARTERLY   Summer 2004 , Volume 36 , Number 48; Page(s) 1 To 16.
 
Paper: 

CHARACTERISTIC OF KAFST LANDSCAPE OF WATERSHED BASIN OF KARDEH-RIVER (EAST OF KOPEH-DAGH ZONE)

 
 
Author(s):  ESHGHI ALI REZA, SERVATI M.R.
 
* 
 
Abstract: 
There are relative many learst massive in the Kopeh-dagh mountains. Every learst geomorphological research about these learstterrain, learstaquifer, relationship between korst forms, hydraulic learst system, land use and management of environment can be usefull. The learstmassive of leardehis a typefrom the semi-and arid- mountains kind. In the lower part of the watershed basin there are five wells that have been drilled in limestone and the drink water of west of Mashhad is supplied by the water resourvier of the leardeh-dam.About the 80 percent of watersupply for the people from the watershed basin is supplied by the springs and the other 20 percent by the rivers. From this reason the identificatiorl of learstic land forms, vulnerability of hydraulic system and finally the correct land use planning and management of water resources in this learsticterritory is necessary.
The main carbonate and carbonate-dolomite of the Kardeh-watershed basin are the jurassic formations of Marzdaran (JMZ1) and Marzdaran (JMZ2) which have thick massive limestone beds. The development of the secQndarypermeable of the limestone (in forms of a networkof joints andfaultings) and the learstification processes are the most important factors of learstification of stones. The karstic forms that are made in these stones are: microkarren, learren,dolines,sinkholes, caves and other learsticforms.
 
Keyword(s): KARSTGEOMORPHOLOGY, KARDEH WATERSHED BASIN, CARBONATE STONE, WATER MANAGEMENT.
 
References: 
    exThe server principal "sidrdro" is not able to access the database "admin_Host353" under the current security context.
 
  Persian Abstract Yearly Visit 84
 
Latest on Blog
Enter SID Blog