Click for new scientific resources and news about Corona[COVID-19]

Paper Information

Journal:   IRANIAN JOURNAL OF PEDIATRICS   2003 , Volume 13 , Number 2; Page(s) 107 To 114.
 
Paper: 

AGGLUTINATING ANTIBODIES TO O AND H SALMONELLA ANTIGENS (WIDAL TEST) IN 6-12 YEARS OLD HEALTHY SCHOOL CHILDREN IN TEHRAN-IRAN

 
 
Author(s):  DANESHJOU KH., ZAMANI ALI*
 
* IMAM KHOMINI HOSPITAL, KESHAVARZ BLVD, TEHRAN, IR IRAN
 
Abstract: 

Typhoid fever (enteric fever) is one of the most important infectious diseases in developing countries which is also frequently seen in Iran. The main route of transmission is via consumption of contaminated food and water and contaminated hands. The most definite method of diagnosis is blood, urine, bone marrow and stool cultures. In some cases, due to antibiotic abuse, cultures may be negative; in such cases, Widal test can be the simplest diagnostic test. The degree of positivity of the Widal test depends on environmental conditions. Therefore, in countries like Iran, it is necessary to determine the basal antibody titer so that it can be used as a reference value.
This study was performed in 2002-2003 on 1745 healthy primary school children who were selected from the 19 areas of Tehran. Anti O antibody was negative (≤1/20) in 1710 cases (98%) and positive (>1/20) in the remaining 2%. Anti H antibody titer was less than 1/20 in 1718 cases (98.5%) and more than 1/20 in the remaining 1.5% of cases.

 
Keyword(s): TYPHOID FEVER, SALMONELLA, WIDAL, SCHOOL CHILDREN
 
References: 
  • ندارد
 
  Persian Abstract Yearly Visit 76
 
Latest on Blog
Enter SID Blog