Click for new scientific resources and news about Corona[COVID-19]

Paper Information

Journal:   DANESHVAR MEDICINE   February-March 2001 , Volume 8 , Number 31; Page(s) 9 To 14.
 
Paper: 

CONSIDERATION OF NATURAL REGENERATION OF HORNBEAM (CARPINUS BETULUS) IN SARI FORESTS

 
 
Author(s):  JALALI GH., AFSHIN M., SEYFOLLAHIAN M., HOSSEINI SEYED MOHSEN
 
* 
 
Abstract: 

30 plots (0.1 ha.) were selected in three different altitudes (400-600m, 600-800m and 800-1000m) in Lajim, North of Iran. In every macroplot 9 microplots (2m2) and 1 microplot (l00m2) were selected. In macroplots the total of trees, vegetation layer, soil condition and the factors such as deforestation and physiographic and in microplots the quantitative and qualitative natural regeneration of all trees especially hornbeam were studied. In this investigation after analysing the data the results were as follow:
Generally, the frequency share of tree species is Carpinus 44%, Fagus 24%, Parrotio 14%, Diospiros 9% respectively. The mean percent frequency of Carpinus regeneration is about 56% and the other tree species is 44%. The altitude, slope, aspect, crown cover and vegetation layer did not have considerable affect on hornbeam regeneration. In destructed Carpino-fagetum community, hornbeam replaced beech. Soil scarification increased hornbeam regeneration. Increasing drought also decreased hornbeam regeneration. In Parrotio -Carpinetum community, hornbeam regeneration was remarkable. Besides that, due to human being and stock, the regeneration of superior species were decreased and the inferior and invading species, such as Parrotio persica and Diospyrus lotus were increased.
Because hornbeam, by its leaves, produces high quality humus layer, improving the soil condition, and provides an important role in treatment and prunning of the dominant species and produce long fiber for pulpwood, therefore the encouragement and development of this species should be highly considered. In Parrotio-Carpinetum communities by implementing the appropriate silvicultural practices, particularly the encouragement of natural regeneration, the adaptable species, especially hornbeam can replace the inferior tree species. Thus, in addition to the development of these communities, the conservation, biological and economical values can be enhanced.

 
Keyword(s): CARPINUS; HORNBEAM, REGENERATION
 
References: 
  • ندارد
 
  Persian Abstract Yearly Visit 64
 
Latest on Blog
Enter SID Blog